Cola's Cottage

Please visit me at www.colascottage.com . We specialize in romantic art of roses and children, and handmade vintage style decor. We also offer vintage finds and apparel.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Fall is Here

BRRRR!!!  Fall is definitely here!  It got below freezing last night and the leaves should be turning soon.  In Minnesota we go from 80 degrees last week to mid 40's this week.  This weekend was beautiful and we were able to get the yard ready for winter.  Now I just need to tackle the house! 

Since the kids have been back in school I have been so productive.  I wake up every morning ready to tackle the world.  Before my eyes even open my mind is thinking of what I will be doing that day.  What a blessing to be excited to go to work.  The only complaint that I could have is feeling like there is not enough time in the day to do all that I want to do.

I wanted to show you a painting that I created for my new friend Amy.  Her blog Bunny Rose Cottage is a delight and I invite you to visit her : )  It was so neat to meet someone who has the same passions as me.  She also told me of a wonderful blog by Heather called Pretty Petals.  She is hosting a journal making workshop.  I love her journals and the beautiful ephemera that she creates with.  Both Amy and Heather have a way of talking to you straight from the heart and inviting you into their world.



I was very pleased with my roses after not having done them for quite a long time.  I have been so busy with my sales this summer at the flea market that it left no room for painting.  Soon I will be sharing my newest painting that I am making for pendants and small prints.  It is a picture of my mom holding me when I was four months old.  I treasure that picture and I hope that I can do it justice!  My mom has no idea (unless she is reading this now lol!) and I hope to surprise her with it : ) 

Blessings ~ Nichole

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Nichole!! What a treat to come to your blog and see my beautiful custom painting!!! THANK YOU so much for your kind words! I am so happy to have met you and that we are becoming such good friends! We have so much in common and it is so fun to sit and chat with you. You are one of the most amazing artists I have ever seen. Your ability to paint people is so special. The realness in there faces, you just make them come alive Nichole and that is such a gift!! I have no doubt that the painting of your mom holding you is going to be gorgeous. I admire your talent so much, in fact, I have gotten tears in my eyes with every portrait I have seen. When I showed them to my husband and boys, they didnt believe me that it wasnt a phtotograph! THANK YOU SO MUCH for doing this custom painting for me. When I saw the words on your other piece, it just grabbed hold of my heart. It explains perfectly how much my home and family mean to me. Thank you Nichole, for being such a wonderful friend also. I am so glad we met!
    Love ya,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nichole! Oh my, your artwork and rose paintings are amazing...that custom piece is gorgeous and yes, you should be pleased with it! I will look forward to seeing the new painting -

    Also love your blog wallpaper - so soft and pretty...I guess you like pink roses, yes? Me too :)

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I think you are amzing...LOL.The portraits are just gorgeous.and the roses,You haven't lost your touch Dear One.I just hope you keep on creating.
    Your Mother will be on cloud 9 when she finds out what you are doing.What a wonderful daughter you are.
    I cannot wait to see it done and I cannot wait to see what you and Natasha are up with your precious daughter.I've been to Bunnies cottage several times.I love her blog.She's a very talented lady.
    Thank for stopping by,Your visits alway make my day.You take care...XXOO Marie Antionette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Nicole, my artist buddy. Thank you for stopping by my blog. I wanted to tell you how beautiful the portrait is of the 2 boys that you did. I saw it last week actually. The portait of the little girl is precious too. You are so gifted to do portaits like you do. What medium did you use for the little girl? I hope you get time to create and have fun. I love the same things that you do and have so much trouble finding the time. I can't wait to see your jewelry. Stop by and visit me anytime. I love to chat.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the welcome sister! That was fast, haha. How do you like the new site. We've been working on it. We could really redo a lot on your site with what I'm learning. You should check out the gallery pages. You click on each image and it blows up. Also if you want to learn more you can go to details link on the bottom of the image. With my blog finished now all we need to work on is the contact page. I think I will have to put off on the "Shop" until later. Have to see if I can work out the business end of it.
    Kind of funny how we both had the same start to our post(Brrrrr). Yeah, the fingers are a little chilled. Rebecca is thinking of making her own blog page now, maybe her mom and sister too. Miss you, Love you and take care.

    God Bless,
    Jonathon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Nichole,
    I just love this painting you did for Amy!! It is just my style: pretty pink roses and an emphasis on home and family!! Thank you for stopping by for a visit today at Bunny Cottage!! Blessings to you, my friend. Vicki

    ReplyDelete