Cola's Cottage

Please visit me at www.colascottage.com . We specialize in romantic art of roses and children, and handmade vintage style decor. We also offer vintage finds and apparel.

Sunday, June 8, 2008

What a beautiful day!!

Hello all! What a beautiful day we had for our sale! Many weeks of creating and preparation came before the big day. Besides all the time it takes in shopping for treasures and then recreating them, I was also hard at work creating a magical place to visit. We had old treasured friends come back to visit us and made some new friends that we hope will return to see what else we bring in our future sales. I thank each and everyone of you who came!
I took many pictures of this special day and would love to share them with you. I hope you enjoy looking at them and wish you could have been here in person to share it with us!

It is always fun when we have our sales because with every one we have it different for every sale. Our last sale was our Holiday Boutique sale and we hold it over deer season. We coordinate it with other talented women who have the same kind of sales and make it into a holiday tour. For this sale we went with a garden theme. I love to mix rustic and romance. In fact it is my passion!! I love to take "junk" and make it beautiful! Old things have soul and were lovingly used. I love to give it new life and make everyday purposeful items beautiful and useable again.

This is the back half of my studio, which is where I do a lot of my painting and creating. It rarely looks nice like this as it is quite messy when I am making things. This winter as I was building my web site business I also repainted every surface of my studio. I love the warm yellow on the walls. For this sale I displayed the items in this room that I have painted and are featured on my web site.

I wish I could show you a better picture of my ceilings as they are quite neat. My friend Tracy and I did a tissue paper technique on them and then this winter I finally painted them creating a sky effect. On my floors I painted a faux stone look on the concrete floor. It was a lot of work, but very rewarding.


This is my corncrib gazeebo that I display in for my sales. It is so much fun to decorate and for this sale we went with a romantic garden feel.

This beautiful garden bench was made by my husband Justin. It is created from an old metal headboard and some reclaimed barnwood. Sitting on top of it is a flower box made out of barnwood and peices of an old fence. I love it when he helps me!

These lovely girls are my daughter Alison and my friend's daughter Alexis. Tracy and I thought it would be lovely to have them be a part of our sale and they were great! They were the perfect little hostesses and sold lemonade and cookies. The girls were set up on the porch of Alison's playhouse and it was a picture of sweetness!!

This above is my outhouse that I had my husband bring over from a farm from out of town. The fence behind it came from the dump. Can you tell I love old things LOL!? For this sale we decorated it in a retro red and aqua theme. My friend Merry who creates all the lovely pillows and linen creations has love for this style, along with the romantic country style, so a lot of her creations were displayed in there. She has made a beautiful and functional line of aprons that I will be adding to the site very soon.


This picture was taken after my sale had ended and I was reflecting on what a beautiful day it had turned out to be. God had shined down on us and I was blessed with the glorious weather and wonderful friends who came out to share it with us. I also want to say a big thank you to my Mom who always comes for my sales and helps out. She is a beautiful loving and giving person! She is also a wonderful talented artist and I cannot wait for her to add her touch to my web site.
Thank you to you too for visiting and letting me share this day with you. It is a dream come true for me to be able to do this. Also I have to thank my husband and children for being patient with me when I am getting ready for these sales! I am looking forward to relaxing a bit and spending some quality time with them.
Hope you have a wonderful and blessed day!! Hugs ~ Nichole

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you had a wonderful sale. Love all of the pics. I especially love your gazebo. What is the roof made of? Did you buy a plan on how to build this? I would like to have one on my property. If you don't mind sharing.
    Please come by and visit.

    Irma :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post! Wish I lived closer so I could visit in person. Wow!! A lot of work for sure and you did a fabulous job. You also have a very inspiring place to "work"!! Lucky girl.

    Bertie
    Aunt May's Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there Cola,
    Your last two posts are just wonderful. I wish I lived near you so I could come to your sales, and wander around, and bask in your glory,lol.
    Keep on bloggin' girlie cuz you have a way with it!
    Theresa @ Cottage Violets

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your artwork and blog!
    Denise Happy Creating!

    ReplyDelete