Cola's Cottage

Please visit me at www.colascottage.com . We specialize in romantic art of roses and children, and handmade vintage style decor. We also offer vintage finds and apparel.

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Annual Fall Event

As much as I hate to see summer end, I love to decorate for fall. I love the rich colors of autumn and the crispness of the air. I am going to share photos of our sale and I hope you enjoy them!

Having the corn crib to decorate in is wonderful. Every season we decorate for is new and exciting for each one. As much as I love the shabby chic look I also love reds, golds and greens too. I love change so much that I redecorate constantly. Having my own cottage/studio gives me the opportunity to do just that.

My friend Tracy and I decorated the front room of the studio in whites with a little pastel mixed in here and there.

We also mixed in some greens and browns in the photo below. The steps were a wonderful find and perfect to set up displays on. It is so much fun to use architectural cast offs and give them a new life.


Our back room of the cottage was decorated in the gold, red and black colors. The fireplace mantel was made from old barnwood.

Outside in the courtyard we brought out all the pinks. They looked so great with all the flowers and herbs as a backdrop.

We are going to have our second weekend fall sale coming up on Aug.22 and 23. I have been busy painting away and rearanging for customers to come and shop. I love to revamp and have them return and be surprised at the difference.

With the end of summer approaching and the end of my sales for the summer I am looking forward to fall house cleaning and preparing my gardens for the winter. I am also very excited to say that very soon I will be offering prints of my paintings! I will keep you informed on that when I have more to tell.

Thanks for visiting and check back as I will have more photos of this next weekends sale!

Blessings to you and yours! ~ Nichole

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely cottage you have. So bright and cheery. I use my cottage's back room as a studio so it's not decorated yet. I may get busy one day soon and see what I can do back there. Love your garden, too

    Bertie
    Aunt May's Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so exciting and all so colorful.You have a beautiful place.Hugs Marie Antionette.PS I still love the oil painting of your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful paintings. you are very talented! best to you my new friend!
    melissa

    ReplyDelete