Cola's Cottage

Please visit me at www.colascottage.com . We specialize in romantic art of roses and children, and handmade vintage style decor. We also offer vintage finds and apparel.

Friday, October 16, 2009

Looking ahead

Hi friends!  I have enjoyed so much reading all your blogs and sharing your fall pictures and stories.  This time of year however, my mind is on the upcoming Holiday sale in my studio.  So much time and preparation goes into each sale.  It is a lot of hard work, but so rewarding.  For every sale I redecorate everything.  I paint walls, floors, even build and move walls (with my hubby's help).  It is all worth it to share my creations and imagination to those who come and shop.

So, as I am now in the planning stages and setting up the foundations for my new themes for this sale I look back at the photos from years past.   The photo below is from the very first year I had a sale.  My husband and brother started building my studio less than two months before I had it!  I think back and wonder how I did it all?  I am not sure how well you can see the framed print or not, but this was my first print.  It was from a pastel painting I did of my sister before my children were born.



I love making garden chandeliers for christmas time.  I love the look of rusty wire and the glitter of silk pointsettias and ribbon.



The following photos are from my last years sale.  As you can see the look had changed dramatically!




The picture below was of my daughters play house that we decorated for the sale. 



This picture below was from some pictures I took for an upcoming Christmas ad.



It is neat to look back and see what I have done and look ahead now to another Holiday sale event.  I am not sure what "theme" I am going for this year.  I am excited however for the fun projects that I am making for it.  I hope you enjoyed looking at the pictures and letting me share them with you!

Many hugs and blessings to you!  ~ Nichole

9 comments:

  1. Hello Nichole... Oooh how gorgeous everything is! You are so talented... my favorite is your daughter's playhouse all decorated, love it! Bisous... Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nichole, everything is just breathtaking!! I LOVE the garden chandelier too! Your daughter is so lucky to have such a beautiful playhouse and I just adore your studio!!!! I CANNOT wait to see pics of what you do this year! I know it is going to be fabulous, just like everything you do!
    Love ya sweetie,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Nichole,
    Everything is so magical and beautiful! I would love to stroll through and see all of your wonderful creations!! I look forward to seeing what creative things you do for this year. Blessings to you, dear friend. Enjoy your autumn weekend! Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nicole,
    Everything is soo beautiful.. What a treat !! Noo.. I never saw an email from you about the jars.. I'm soo sorry..that's strange.. I was looking too.. Try to send again, and I wil watch for it.. I really would like a couple.. Thanks soo much for the sweet words, and dropping by.. So nice to have met you ~
    hugs ~tea~xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful talent you have. Everything is so beautiful! Looking forward to seeing what's in store for this Holiday event. Peace & blessings, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christmas has always been my favorite festival of all time. These pics make my heart feel so warm. Did I mention you are amazing? I love (x3) the chandelier!!!

    Hugs
    Rheea

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you created magic last year. I love the ad for this year's. I love all the twinkle lights and your enchantment. Happy planning for the holidays.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Nichole! Wish I could camp out in your studio before anybody shows up to shop! So dreamy! So marvelous! ♥

    ReplyDelete